×
App Icon
The Standard e-Paper
Fearless, Trusted News
★★★★ - on Play Store
Download App

Syria claims it destroyed jets seized by IS

Nairobi; Kenya: Syria's information minister says the Syrian air force has destroyed two of three jets seized and test flown over Aleppo by the Islamic State group last week. Omran al-Zoubi told Syrian TV late Tuesday that Syrian aircraft bombed the jets as they were landing on the runway of the Jarrah airbase in the eastern countryside of Aleppo province. He said the Syrian air force was searching for the third jet. Syrian activists said Friday that IS militants flew three MiG fighter jets over the Jarraj air base with the help of former Iraqi air force pilots.


 


 

Get Full Access for Ksh299/Week.
Uncover the stories others won’t tell. Subscribe now for exclusive access
  • Unlimited access to all premium content
  • Uninterrupted ad-free browsing experience
  • Mobile-optimized reading experience
  • Weekly Newsletters
  • MPesa, Airtel Money and Cards accepted
Already a subscriber? Log in

Related Topics

Syria ISIS Jets