Gunmen kill 15 Libyan soldiers
| October 5th 2013
Libya's official news agency says gunmen have attacked a military post southeast of the capital, killing 15 soldiers.
A military official said the gunmen in vehicles topped with machineguns attacked the post on the road between the towns of Tarhuna and Bani Walid early Saturday.
He spoke on condition of anonymity according to the regulations.
The Libya News Agency says another five soldiers were wounded.
Libya has been hit by a months-long wave of attacks targeting military officers, activists, judges and security agents.
Westgate Mall attack triggers debate on private gunsThe Westgate mall attack — in which terrorists hurled grenades and shot down civilians before staging a bloodcurdling hostage situation — has renewed debate on whether private security guards and citizens should carry arms.
Diabetes: Insulin now an essential drugListing NCDs is a relief to Kenyans like 65-year-old Kahuho Mathai from Nyeri County, who was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
Kenya's ardent football fan Isaac Juma hacked to death
- NHIF patients won’t get services at private hospitals starting Monday
HEALTH & SCIENCE
- Bizarre tale of woman in homicide-suicide saga who lived double life
- Where is Felista Nyamathira? Mystery of millionaire student's whereabouts
By Paul Ogemba
- Isaac Juma said his life was in danger
- Mudavadi: OKA principals demanded I give them NDC guest list in advance