By Cyrus Ombati
NAIROBI; KENYA: A police officer was Saturday morning robbed of his gun in yet another attack on police in Nairobi's Dandora area.
The administration policeman from Canaan AP post was attacked at about 6 am and robbed of his AK 47 rifle with 30 bullets by men who had trailed him for long and no recovery has been made.
The attack comes a day after two policewomen were on Thursday night injured and robbed of their guns in an attack by suspected thugs in Nairobi's Shauri Moyo area.
The officers were on patrol in Majengo slums when they were attacked and stabbed by the gang of about five. The attack took place at about 8pm and the victims were ambushed from behind.
Police say the gang snatched an AK 47 rifle that had 30 and a pistol with 12 bullets.
Police believe they were targets because they were women and it was at night.
Elsewhere, three people were Friday night shot and wounded in a robbery in a bar at the Nairobi West Mall.
Police say they are looking for a salon car that had three gunmen who opened fire at a bar and injured the three revellers who were there at about 11pm.
The gang escaped in their car soon after the incident and the hunt on them is on-going.
Police say they are yet to know the motive of the attack and that the gang seems to have targeted the victims.
Next Story »
- South Sudan to free prisoners as pressure mounts for peace deal
- Shock as cow gives birth to calf with two heads
- One dead, three in hospital after inhaling poisonous gas at Osiri gold mine, Migori
- Embattled South Sudan president replaces army chief
- Kalonzo apologises over remark to journalist
- Turn your passion into lucrative business