By Osinde Obare
Kapenguria, Kenya: Police in Kapenguria are holding a wo man who allegedly hacked her husband to death at Mwisho farm in West Pokot-Trans-Nzoia border.
Police say the deceased, Daniel Loyatum, was attacked over his decision to marry a second wife.
He said the man suffered multiple injuries, which he succumbed to.
“The couple quarreled in the house where the incident occurred. He was pronounced dead on arrival to hospital,” he said.
The OCPD said the wo man was later arrested and is assisting police with investigations.
“We have arrested the suspect and she is cooperating with us as we probe the incident,” said the OCPD.
Neighbors said the suspect had opposed the marriage and had threatened to teach the man a lesson.
“Since the man married the second wife, the first wife has been unhappy and had vowed to teach the husband a lesson,” claimed a neigbour.
Meanwhile, in Chepkobeh village in West Pokot County, a middle man committed suicide following a domestic dispute.
Next Story »
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry
- Man arrested for allegedly defiling two minors
- Mum sells soap made from her own breast milk
- Risk of city-killing asteroid hitting Earth higher than thought
- Artiste uses music to fight drug abuse
- 60 arrested in operation prompted by court bomb scare