By Digital Reporter
Nairobi, Kenya: The long awaited Biometric Voter Registration ( BVR) kits have landed at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA). The first consignment of the electoral devices was received on Thursday morning, with the remainder expected to land within the week.
A French firm, Safran Morpho, was contracted to deliver the kits which were scheduled to land at 3:00 am on Thursday morning.
IEBC’s Corporate Communications Manager Ms Tabitha Mutemi had on Wednesday confirmed that the kits would arrive on Thursday morning, but remained guarded on other details about the delivery.
“We are expecting the arrival of the kits tomorrow at around 3am. I do not know how many will be arriving but these are details you can be informed on if you can make it to the airport at that time,” said Ms Mutemi on phone.
Their arrival comes as a relief to many who had expressed concerns over the delay in registration of voters ahead of the next general elections.
Next Story »
- Editorial Cartoon : 19.04.2014
- Eldoret streets washed ahead of Prophet Owuor’s crusade
- 27 aliens arrested along Kenya-Tanzania border
- Stuck at home over the holiday? Don't worry, dream of Mombasa
- Burundi creates reconciliation body that divides public opinion
- Drone risks damage at record depth in search for Malaysian plane