By Digital Reporter
Nairobi, Kenya: The long awaited Biometric Voter Registration ( BVR) kits have landed at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA). The first consignment of the electoral devices was received on Thursday morning, with the remainder expected to land within the week.
A French firm, Safran Morpho, was contracted to deliver the kits which were scheduled to land at 3:00 am on Thursday morning.
IEBC’s Corporate Communications Manager Ms Tabitha Mutemi had on Wednesday confirmed that the kits would arrive on Thursday morning, but remained guarded on other details about the delivery.
“We are expecting the arrival of the kits tomorrow at around 3am. I do not know how many will be arriving but these are details you can be informed on if you can make it to the airport at that time,” said Ms Mutemi on phone.
Their arrival comes as a relief to many who had expressed concerns over the delay in registration of voters ahead of the next general elections.
Next Story »
- 'Arsenal happy to face Barcelona'
- QPR reveal plans to leave Loftus Road for 40,000-seater stadium
- Clerical officer, his wife and children brutally murdered
- No excuse for not emulating Nelson Mandela
- Samburu leaders back disarmament to end rising insecurity
- English Barclays Premier weekend fixtures and discussions