By Standard Reporter
Police have summoned a blogger for questioning over alleged abuse of the Kenya Information and Communication Act.
Provincial CID office has received a complaint from government spokesman Alfred Mutua and Communication Commission of Kenya that Robert Alai has been abusing sections of the Act.
Nairobi PCIO Nicholas Kamwende said they want Alai to report to his office to clarify some issues he has been highlighting on Twitter and other channels.
“We summoned him on Thursday and we hope to see him probably and latest Tuesday (today). He has violated sections 26, 29 and 30 of the Act and we feel he should come and tell us more,” said Kamwende.
Police boss said they would take further action if Alai fails to honour their summons.
Next Story »
- Former Port Vale goalkeeper Stuart Tomlinson quits football for WWE
- The 10 most corrupt and least corrupt countries in the world
- Equity Bank founder’s long journey to billionaires club
- Tourism sector targets Sh200b in annual earnings
- More Kenyans using mobile money transfer than banks
- Inspirational fat cat dies of heart failure aged six