By Rebecca Gichana
Thika Queens continued with their impressive run in the second leg of the FKF National Women Premier League with 1-0 win over Spedag FC at their backyard.
Thanks to the 28th minute penalty kick from the captain, Dorcas Shikobe Thika Queens improved to 22 points
“The game was tough, but I am happy we won the match. Spedag is a good side, we managed a draw in Mombasa in the first leg and we prepared well for thereturn leg. Being our first time in the league we are working to finish the season among the top three,” said head coach, Richard Kanyi.
Kanyi added: “Our next match against Kisii United on Sunday will not be a walk in the park. We are preparing very well for all games in the second league. Thika is a young team and we are hoping to maintain the good results in order for us to be in the league next year”
In other results Western Commando thrashed Kamaliza Eaglet 2-0 while Makolanders beat Sotik Super Stars 2-1 at Kericho Green Stadium.
- AAR and hospital ‘treated me harshly’ in my hour of need
- New technology could end Kenya’s historic land woes
- Which way for the civil society in today’s Kenya?
- Achebe does not need any foreign decorations, more so in his death
- Africa supports President Uhuru on Hague
- Why women, youths and Church should drive truth team’s agenda