Hamas militants fire 130 rockets towards Tel Aviv
By Reuters | May 11th 2021
Gaza's Islamist ruler Hamas said it had fired over 130 rockets towards Tel Aviv on Tuesday night in response to an Israeli air strike that had flattened a tower block in the Strip.
Sirens warning of incoming rocket fire blared in Tel Aviv and central Israel on Tuesday night, Reuters witnesses said.
The sounds of multiple explosions were also heard, just minutes after Gaza militants Hamas and Islamic Jihad vowed to respond to an Israeli air strike on a residential tower in the Strip earlier in the night.
"We are carrying (out) now our promise (by) launching a massive rocket strike against Tel Aviv and its suburbs, with 130 rockets, in response to the enemy's targeting of residential towers,” Hamas's armed wing said in a statement.
Senior police officer’s daughter crushed to death by two matatus
- Curfew in 13 counties changed, to start from 7pm to 4am
By Brian Okoth
- 'My daughter wasn't late MCA's side-lover'
- Governors propose lockdown to curb spread of Covid-19
By Erick Abuga
- Security consultant Mwenda Mbijiwe goes missing
- Raila returns to Coast amid a lull
By Benard Sanga