Hamas militants fire 130 rockets towards Tel Aviv
| May 11th 2021
Gaza's Islamist ruler Hamas said it had fired over 130 rockets towards Tel Aviv on Tuesday night in response to an Israeli air strike that had flattened a tower block in the Strip.
Sirens warning of incoming rocket fire blared in Tel Aviv and central Israel on Tuesday night, Reuters witnesses said.
The sounds of multiple explosions were also heard, just minutes after Gaza militants Hamas and Islamic Jihad vowed to respond to an Israeli air strike on a residential tower in the Strip earlier in the night.
"We are carrying (out) now our promise (by) launching a massive rocket strike against Tel Aviv and its suburbs, with 130 rockets, in response to the enemy's targeting of residential towers,” Hamas's armed wing said in a statement.
Daddy's Girl: Journey on being raised by single fatherHe says she will tell her own story. He wants to tell his, and that of his daughter.
Why Kenyan boxers are winning medals once againThe BFK led by President Anthony ‘Jamal’ Ombok was elected into the office in 2019 and has since...
Happy ending for brave Form Two student begging for school fees on city streets
- Governor Hillary Barchok taken to task over hiring staff from the same community
- Kenya Power board kicked out of House as key meeting aborts
- Governor Chepkwony now opposes James Finlay's move to sell flower farm
By Nikko Tanui
- Woman dies while reporting ‘stubborn’ daughter to police
By Brian Okoth
- Officer arrested over link to 2,040 bullets found in Embakasi car
By Jael Mboga