Five killed in gun attack in Burundi’s capital
By Reuters | April 30th 2016
Tit-for-tat attacks between Nkurunziza’s security forces and his opponents have escalated since April 2015. Thursday night’s attack struck a bar in Bujumbura’s Musaga neighbourhood, where protests were held against the president last year, said deputy police spokesman Moise Nkurunziza.
Among the dead were a three-year old child and an unarmed soldier who was in civilian clothes, he said. “It was around 10.10 pm last night when four armed men in civilian clothes attacked a small pub... killing five people,” he said. “As they were fleeing, the attackers threw a grenade at a small army base just nearby which didn’t do any damage.”
Family, church mourn family of five killed in car accident
- IG orders probe into sexual harassment claim after female cop's viral clip
- Police arrest five terror suspects in Kisumu
By Lucas Barasa
- KDF officers arrested for assaulting cops enforcing curfew rules
- Kaizen: The Japanese business philosophy taking root in Kenyan firms
MONEY & CAREERS
- 'Political enemies using Otiende’s removal to cause division in ODM'
By James Omoro