Flood disaster management project now launched
By Maureen Odiwuor | May 15th 2016
African Development Bank and Maseno University have launched a project to help assess the risk posed by floods in Bunyala and Busia counties.
Maseno University’s Public Research and Innovations Director Prof Mathew Dida said they intend to develop a system to help residents manage risks and disasters associated with floods in Budalang’i.
State institutions in Busia and other stakeholders will also be trained on how to respond to floods. The project will cost the sponsors ShSh114.4 million
Uhuru attends Djibouti President’s inauguration
By Fred Kagonye
- To celebrate BBI ruling portrays Ruto as insincere
- Rich wazungus who invested in love but are now penniless
- BBI ruling turns spotlight on Raila and his political future
By Oscar Obonyo
- Re-start inclusive conversation to save BBI, Mudavadi says
- Gaza tower housing AP, Al Jazeera collapses after missile strike