Kenya records 688 new Covid-19 cases
By Vincent Kejitan | July 18th 2020
Health CS Mutahi Kagwe on Saturday announced 688 new
Covid-19 cases in the country from 4522 samples.
The CS stated that the virus is now domiciled in the
community and careless behaviour is to blame.
The country’s tally is now at 12750 and 44 counties have
recorded at least a case.
In the last 24 hours, 457 patients have also recovered, 401
(home-based) and 56 who were discharged from various hospitals.
The total number of recoveries now stands at 4440.
However, three more patients succumbed to the virus. The
country has recorded 225 fatalities so far.
CS Kagwe, who is well-known for his phrases, ‘You can
gerrit, I can gerrit, anyone can gerrit’ and ‘If you treat this disease
normally it will treat you abnormally,” on Saturday introduced a new phrase
that he urged Kenyans to practice.
“You save me I save you,” he said. Meaning Covid-19 is
everyone’s responsibility and keeping it at bay starts with me and you.
On politicians who continue to break the Ministry of Health
guidelines, Kagwe urged the public to be wiser and avoid attending rallies.
“They call you because they know you are foolish enough to
go. If you stop going they will have no to address so they will also stop organizing
“When you test positive these politicians will be nowhere to
be seen,” he said.
Olympics: 5,000m runner Kimeli sails through to final, believes 2021 could be his year to deliver
- Syombua exit in 400m heats as Botswana’s Montsho calls it a day on the track
- Olympics: Syombua fails to qualify for semi-finals of women’s 400m, finishes 5th
- Our faith looks up to thee 1,500m Olympic gold medallist Faith Chepngetich
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession