Six skin care hacks for oily skin
By Standard reporter | July 7th 2020
Oily skin can give you a hard time as your glands produce
excess sebum and the resultant greasy looking face and skin conditions like
acne, blackheads, and whiteheads. What can help would be having a skin care
routine. Here are a few tips to help with that:
Cleansing: It is important to cleanse your face twice to get
rid of excess oils and dirt. Gel-based cleansers are a better opt for oily
Scrubbing: You need to exfoliate oily skin at least once a week. The excess sebum produced causes dead skin cells on your face leaving you prone to pimples, acne, white heads, and let’s not forget black heads. When scrubbing, remember to be gentle.
Moisturising: Contrary to popular belief, oily skin still needs to be moisturised in as much as you secrete excess oil. Moisturising ensures your skin doesn’t break and keeps you glowing.
Face masks: This goes well especially after exfoliation. The
best masks for your skin should contain bentonite clay because it gently
absorbs excess oil.
Toning: Use an alcohol free toner every day in your skin care regime. Toning regularly will help in eliminating excess oil and banishing dirt from your skin.
Sunscreen: The fear of getting greasy screen usually makes
many ladies fear this step, but it is paramount to avoiding having sunburns,
uneven skin tones and spots. Ensure you use a gel based sunscreen that leaves
your face matte and giving you protection from sun rays.
Lastly, you are what you eat, so stay hydrated and avoid
Kigen and Kibiwott through in steeplechase as Bett out with Sum exiting 800m in the heats
- Olympics: Malkia Strikers bow out with heads held high
- Lionesses happy to have finally played despite two losses
- Kenya 7s captain Amonde set to hang up his boots after early exit at Tokyo 2020
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession