Attend to your emotional wounds and the stress you get from work, otherwise you will emotionally hurt your spouse and rob him/her of his peace.
To build peace, learn to see things from your spouse's point of view, don't care too much about winning arguments, extend an olive branch, learn to say sorry.
1. Peace makes it easy to disagree without turning it into a fight.
2. When peace lacks in your marriage, your spouse becomes your headache, the person you want to avoid, you look for excuses not to spend time together.
3. When you speak to your spouse with a harsh, cold or condescending tone; peace will disappear in your marriage and will make your marriage tense.
4. Without peace, you two will not enjoy sleeping on the same bed. Sleep is sweet when you share the bed with someone who makes you emotionally safe.
5. Lack of peace has made some people contemplate or attempt suicide because home stopped being home when home stopped being an oasis of peace.
6. When your home lacks peace, your spouse will not look forward to coming home to you. As you question why your spouse comes home late, ask if you are peaceful.
7. To attract peace from your spouse, give your spouse peace.
8. Attend to your emotional wounds and the stress you get from work, otherwise you will emotionally hurt your spouse and rob him/her of his peace.
9. Solutions to marital problems are easily found when there is peace.
10. When there is no peace between the husband and wife, the children too will lack peace.
11. You can pretend to the public that you and your spouse are happy but you and your spouse know if the marriage has peace. Have real peace, don't pretend.
12. No matter how great your body looks, how skillful you are in bed or how sexy you dress, your spouse will not desire to make love to you if you give him/her no peace.
13. To build peace, learn to see things from your spouse's point of view, don't care too much about winning arguments, extend an olive branch, learn to say sorry.
14. People miss, trust and long to be with the one who gives them peace.
15. Praying together will teach your spirits to be peaceful.
16. When there is no peace at home, it is a struggle to be faithful, some even contemplate divorce because they can't live the rest of their life in emotional turmoil.
17. Don't be emotionally draining towards your spouse just because you two are married. Your spouse might stay married to you on paper but not by heart.
18. Marriage is made up of two peacemakers. Where there is peace, the two invest their all.
19. Peace makes communication and intimacy easier and wholesome because the two bring down their guard.
20. Peace will help you two to navigate financial plans and challenges. Lack of peace will make you argue and fight over a coin.
© Dayan Masinde
In my new book, MANHOOD SERIES, I talk about the benefits of a man loving his woman and how it starts by the man loving himself. Men are capable of loving.
In my other book, WOMANHOOD SERIES, I talk about how to inspire love in a man and how a woman carries so many blessings for herself and her man.
To purchase the MANHOOD SERIES written by Dayan Masinde, MPESA Ksh. 200 to 0721590954, then text the word MAN and your email address to the same number and the book will be sent to your email address for you to download and read on your phone or computer.
To purchase the WOMANHOOD SERIES written by Dayan Masinde, MPESA Ksh. 200 to 0721590954, then text the word WOMAN and your email address to the same number and the book will be sent to your email address for you to download and read on your phone or computer.
Do you have stories, videos or pictures you would like to share with the world?
Simply click on Post Your Story button placed at the top of the website