PHOTOS: Drama as Kwale woman Rep Zulekha Hassan kicked out of Parliament for walking in with her baby
By Fay Ngina | August 7th 2019
Kwale woman Representative Zulekha Hassan was on Wednesday August 7 ordered out of the National Assembly for disrupting a parliamentary session.
The legislator was kicked out of the chambers after she walked in with a baby.
Speaker of the National Assembly Hon. Chris Omulele, MP Luanda termed move as unprecedented.
The Kwale Woman Rep said she had an emergency that’s why she came to parliament with the baby and suggested that a mother’s room be put in place to curb such situations.
“I have tried really hard not to come with the baby, but today I had an emergency; what was I supposed to do? … If there was a room, a thresh or a nursery room, I’d be able to then put my baby,” said Zulekha.
Take a quick survey and help us improve our website!Take a survey
How lost phone from a dying patient led kin to hospital, cemetery
- Bensouda: ‘Big man’ Ruto gave witnesses kickbacks
- I scored B+ thanks to a stranger I met on Facebook
- Kenya bans flights to and from Somalia
By Mwangi Maina
- KCSE: Kapsabet, Alliance, Kenya High top nationally as academic giants return
- Raila meets Orengo, Otiende to forestall rebellion in ODM