A good number of smartphone usersÂ in Africa can attest to the fact that mobile data is not always cheap
For those streaming or downloading huge files, mobile data can be very costly
A good number of smartphone users in Africa can attest to the fact that mobile data is not always cheap. For those streaming or downloading huge files, mobile data can be very costly.
In a survey done by the Cable.co.uk, aÂ UK-based price comparison website, mobile data hugely varies across different countries.
The report which was done between 23 October and 28 November in 2018, analyzed the cost of 1GB of mobile data in 230 countries.
India was ranked as the country with the cheapest data worldwide with the cost of 1GB costing an average of $0.26 (Ksh 26.39).
Out of the 230 countries, Africa had three countries topping with the most expensive mobile data. Here are the top ten countries in Africa with the most expensive mobile data for 1GB;
1. Zimbwabwe - $75.20 (Ksh 7,632.05)
2. Equatorial Guinea - $65.83 (Ksh 6,681.09)
3. Saint Helena - $55.47 (Ksh 5, 629.65)
4. Djibouti â€“ $37.92 (Ksh 3,848.50)
5. Chad â€“ $23.33 (Ksh 2,367.76)
6. Benin - $20.99 (Ksh 2,130.28)
7. Seychelles - $19. 55 (Ksh 1,984.13)
8. Mozambique - $15.82 (Ksh 1,605.57)
9. Botswana - $14.12 (Ksh 1,433.04)
10. Comoros - $12.57 (Ksh 1,275.73)
Do you have stories, videos or pictures you would like to share with the world?
Simply click on Post Your Story button placed at the top of the website