Jubilee MP under fire after issuing a bad cheque in church
By Standard Reporter
| November 15th 2018
A clash is looming between a priest from a region in the Rift Valley and a local area MP.
This is after the Jubilee lawmaker issued a bad cheque during a major fundraising at the church in July.
What has incensed the clergyman even more is that he has been unable to reach the politician on his mobile phone for over three months concerning the matter, and now suspects he may have blocked his number.
The fundraiser was organised by the lawmaker who harbours ambition of contesting for Governorship in 2022, where more than Sh3 million was raised.
The church which has a wide following is now threatening to rally its members not to support his bid for higher office because of his bad behavior.
‘The brother I know couldn’t have killed his children’, woman says
- How Aden Duale forced 8 per cent VAT pill down MPs’ throats
By Nzau Musau
- Road that has been an election pledge since 1979 almost complete
- Mololine matatu founder who rose from a tout to a millionaire
- ‘It’s untrue Nakuru doctor’s wife wanted to fly abroad and leave family behind’
By Brian Okoth
- Teachers to wait longer as TSC seals hopes of salary increment