Governor Obado’s wife farewell message to Sharon
By Kelley Boss
| September 13th 2018
Migori county first lady, Helen Obado has for the first time after the death of Sharon Otieno released an official statement to the public affirming her husband’s innocence.
In her statement, published on her Facebook page Wednesday 12th September, she sent her condolences to Sharon’s family members who have since put on hold burial plans until investigations into her death are concluded.
Mrs Obado pleaded with the people of Migori County to keep calm and assured them of her husband's innocence in Sharon's murder.
"Finally, I want to say that I'm ready and willing whenever I will be called upon to give further statements so that the real perpetrators can be brought to book. I also want to urge the people of Migori County to stay calm and maintain peace because I know my husband is innocent and together in prayers, we shall succeed in this. Thank you and May God bless you all and may Sharon's soul rest in paradise.” Said Migori first lady Helen Obado.
Governor Obado had earlier addressed the press saying he had nothing to do with Sharon’s death.
“I have nothing, and absolutely nothing to do with the cruel death of Sharon,” he said.
“I want to say that I'm ready and willing whenever I will be called upon to give further statements so that the real killers of Sharon can be brought to book,” he added.
The Governor, who came with his wife, son and daughter, also asked the media not to interfere so that police can do their investigations.
“I want to call upon the media and politicians to avoid medieval proclamations so that our agencies charged with investigations are given time to do their job,” said Governor Obado.
Sharon’s family had earlier said that she would not be buried until her killers are brought to justice.
Marcus Rashford is better than Cristiano Ronaldo – England boss admitsStriker frustrated by continuing lack of club game-time showed his quality with goals in both internationals this week
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
Catholic church threatens to return Simba Arati’s Sh100,000 donation
By Eric Abuga
- Court upholds Kinoti’s four-month jail term
- Willy Mutunga: Ruto is a rich man who cuts an image of political hustler
- Court slaps Kamiti Prison escapees with additional 15-month jail term
- Wavinya, Makau clash in church harambee
- New look KTN News: The thinking behind the new logo