It is not easy to destroy something that you have invested in for months or years or something that you have grown so used to
However, for your future progress, some things must be demolished
Demolitions are never easy. It is not easy to destroy something that you have invested in for months or years or something that you have grown so used to, but for your future progress, some things must be demolished.
1. Demolish any affair you might be having. Any illicit relationship you might be having that is making you emotionally, sexually, financially or physically unfaithful to the one you should be exclusively committed to must be demolished.
2. If you are single, demolish any meaningless relationship that is giving you pleasure but taking you no where. Get out of that â€˜situationshipâ€™ that is giving you a semblance of love but you know very well there is no future in it. This relationship is wasting your time no matter how great the sex is.
3. Demolish any shelf of negative words spoken to you by your ex, siblings or teachers that you have stored up for years. Demolish those words spoken to you telling you that you are good for nothing, you are a loser, you are average, nothing good will ever come out of you, no one will love you.
4. Demolish any bank of lies you have been using to get ahead in life. Demolish every falsehood or corrupt dealings you have used to lie that you are in a good place in life or to use people. It is time for the real you.
5. Demolish every glass ceiling society has put for you. Any label or stereotype that people have used to define you by your gender, age, tribe, race, skin colour, background, relationship status or race. You are not a label.
6. Demolish every friendship with people who you know very well smile when with you but gossip about you when you are not around. They are not happy for your success but they pretend to be. They can't wait to hear you in trouble or making a mistake to laugh at you. Those are not friends.
7. Demolish every tower of ego you have built that is keeping you from seeing your wrongs, apologizing, learning, or treating people well. Life is about human relationships.
8. Demolish every jar of excuses and procrastination you have tucked in safely in life. Stop wasting time and covering up your laziness.
9. Demolish every lie that you held on to while growing up, lies birthed by hurt or spread by people who are hurt. Lies such as "All men are dogs", "All ladies are gold diggers", "Africa is a pathetic continent", "Africa is a sh*thole". Negative people don't see opportunities and blessings even when it's right in front of their eyes.
10. Demolish unfair cultural practices and beliefs that make you demean others or look down on the opposite gender. Culture is made by people, and so culture created by people who lived before us in a less informed world can be wrong. Don't follow practices and beliefs blindly.
11. Destroy any destructive habit that is killing you slowly, isolating you from people, wasting your money and time or messing up your relationship/marriage/family. Stop using a habit to commit suicide.
12. Demolish every idol you have created in your life. Anything or anyone that has led you away from God or you have elevated to an unhealthy obsession that your entire existence revolves around it be it your spouse, your need for a spouse, your success, money or even yourself. Blessings shouldn't keep you from the One who blesses.
13. Demolish what you have built that is not of God or doesn't bring glory to God. God doesn't bless on foundations He did not establish.
Â© Dayan Masinde
In my new book, WOMANHOOD SERIES, I challenge women to take responsibility for their life.
In my other new book, MANHOOD SERIES, I challenge men to do a self audit.
To purchase the MANHOOD SERIES written by Dayan Masinde, MPESA Ksh. 200 to 0721590954, then text the word MAN and your email address to the same number and the book will be sent to your email address for you to download and read on your phone or computer
To purchase the WOMANHOOD SERIES written by Dayan Masinde, MPESA Ksh. 200 to 0721590954, then text the word WOMAN and your email address to the same number and the book will be sent to your email address for you to download and read on your phone or computer.
Do you have stories, videos or pictures you would like to share with the world?
Simply click on Post Your Story button placed at the top of the website