Thirteen amazing photos from yesterday's solar eclipse
By Fay Ngina
| August 22nd 2017
"A solar eclipse occurs when the Moon passes between Earth and the Sun, thereby totally or partly obscuring the image of the Sun for a viewer on Earth. A total solar eclipse occurs when the Moon's apparent diameter is larger than the Sun's, blocking all direct sunlight, turning day into darkness. Totality occurs in a narrow path across Earth's surface, with the partial solar eclipse visible over a surrounding region thousands of kilometers wide," according to Wikipedia.
On Monday 21 August 2017 people around the world were treated to an eclipse of the sun. Here are 13 amazing photos of the eclipse that took place yesterday;
Monaco star Kylian Mbappe involved in row with team-mate amid Monaco exit rumorsReports have emerged claiming teenage sensation Kylian Mbappe has been involved in a fight with team-mate Andrea Raggi.
Diabetes: Insulin now an essential drugListing NCDs is a relief to Kenyans like 65-year-old Kahuho Mathai from Nyeri County, who was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
Man arrested over death of four-month old daughter
- Nakuru woman sues husband over Sh10 million gift from father-in-law
By Daniel Chege
- Kabogo to face Baba Yao, Nyoro in race for governor
- No Kenyan among 18 Africa’s richest people on Forbes
By Brian Okoth
- Woman dies after she and her aunt were raped in Nyandarua
By Fred Kagonye
- Musalia Mudavadi pulled a fast one, the ANC boss’ political advisor says