We shall not relent in the war on drugs, Nelson Marwa
By Killiad Msafiri | March 3rd 2017
He said that Government's war against drug abuse is targeted, dismissing claims from some politicians that it is a personal attack.
"We are targeting all drug barons and we want to tell them that we shall never be intimidated. I have given all my life in this noble cause. I shall not relent". He stressed.
Marwa commended the media for its efforts in fighting the drug menace that has largely affected youth in the coastal region and also urged everyone to stand up for the country.
"I have seen the media coverage on this issue and I must say you have been doing a good job, continue doing that".
The former county commissioner also assured Mombasa residents of their security especially users of the Mtongwe and Likoni ferries.
"As a Government, we want to ensure safety passage of every user of the ferries in Mombasa, it's not only about transport", he said.
Additionally, he rubbished reports that he has been moved to the volatile Rift Valley region.
Knitting diver Tom Daley catches attention at Tokyo Olympics
- Abel Kipsang sets new Olympic record in 1,500m semis
- Thursday notebook: Team Kenya outfit is popular in Tokyo
- Olympics: Kimeli to stage lone battle in 5,000m final
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession