Univerty of Eldorer and Moi University Students mark World Cancer Day
By Joseph Sosi | February 4th 2017
University of Eldoret and Moi University students marked the world cancer day in Eldoret taking part in a walk to create cancer awareness to the public.
Members of the Salvation army joined them in partnership with health sector stakeholders in the county.The county government represented by the Health Ministry and health facilities in Uasin Gishu were also present.
Earlier on January 25, 2017 the students had visited survivers of the disease and spent time with their families in preparation for the global cancer day held annually on February 4th.
The students had taken their awareness campaigns on social media under the hashtag #WeCancerVive which emerged as a top trend on twitter weeks before the global d-day.
Those taking part i the walk could not hide a prove of hope in the fight against the killer disease taking best of selfies and best of photographs to document their participation.
Bar manager killed after fight over girlfriend
- Grand plan behind Uhuru and Raila 2022 election coalition pact
- Why it’s easier to get into Oxford, Harvard than top Kenyan schools
By XN Iraki
- How Chris Kirubi helped shape Nairobi
By Philip Kisia
- Four people rescued, several trapped as bridge collapses on Waiyaki Way
- Musalia Mudavadi criticises ‘No BBI, No Election’ rhetoric
By Jael Mboga