Woman died in flat fire after lighting 17 candles for romantic evening with imaginary boyfriend
By musyoki ngina
| September 21st 2016
Jane had had a ‘long relationship’ with ‘Ian’ and told
people that they were going to get married and have their honeymoon in Egypt. She
accidentally set her flat on fire and dismissed her neighbors who tried warning
her about the fire.
Her brother-in-law, Andrew, told the courts: In my opinion
this was an entirely preventable incident, had Jane been put in a safe place
and adequately monitored until she became well. We were pleading to speak to
the assessor to give further information about her and we were refused point
blank from doing so.”
Jane’s family also criticized a crisis mental health care
team for abandoning Ms. Ellis before the blaze after the family had sectioned
her under the Mental Health Act.
Prof. Ayiro takes over as acting Moi University VCProf. Laban Ayiro has officially taken over the leadership of Moi University as Vice Chancellor in acting capacity for a period of three months.
Diabetes: Insulin now an essential drugListing NCDs is a relief to Kenyans like 65-year-old Kahuho Mathai from Nyeri County, who was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
Kenya's ardent football fan Isaac Juma hacked to death
- NHIF patients won’t get services at private hospitals starting Monday
HEALTH & SCIENCE
- Bizarre tale of woman in homicide-suicide saga who lived double life
- Where is Felista Nyamathira? Mystery of millionaire student's whereabouts
By Paul Ogemba
- Isaac Juma said his life was in danger
- Mudavadi: OKA principals demanded I give them NDC guest list in advance