Boys neglected in today's society
By Simon Karathe
| April 20th 2016
The high number of campaigns highlighting issues affecting girls has made the society neglect boys.
I think today's society vilifies boys and protects girls. For instance, where there is domestic violence and the woman suffers, the man is taken to task. But if it is the man who suffers, little is done for him to get justice.
We are all focusing on girls while boys are suffering. Little or no campaign has been done to help the boy child.
In school, girls are provided with sanitary towels and encouraged to take education seriously. On the career front; the girl child is given an upper hand.
Governors mark third conference amid unfulfilled resolutionsIssues that were to be resolved a year ago like sharing of funds and transfer of functions are still outstanding. This comes as another Devolution conference opens today.
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
Drama at Kabati Market as suspected thieves return stolen goods
- City preacher Godfrey Migwi dead after short illness
- Sh58m, 40 land parcels, 8 cars: Property gets KETRACO employee in trouble
- A tale of two cities: Why the Nairobi’s expat community inhabit a different universe
By Peter Kimani
- Traffic cop killed in matatu accident along Valley Road
- How short December rains will affect you