ANC faces losses in vote that could reshape South African politics
A metal sculpture overlooks the ocean on South Africa's southern coast, showing Nelson Mandela with his fist triumphantly thrust into the air and a sweeping line of diverse figures waiting to vote.
By Reuters | 4 years ago
Vodacom ordered to pay man who made ‘please call me’ service
South Africa's top court on Tuesday ordered mobile operator Vodacom to compensate a former employee who invented a free messaging system used by the company, after an eight-year legal battle.
Reuters | 5 years ago
Two people killed in South Africa as looting targeting immigrants spread
Two men have been shot dead and shops owned by immigrants were looted in South Africa's biggest city, as unrest following the death of a teenager last week spread in Johannesburg townships, police said on Monday.
Reuters | 6 years ago
Uhuru attends Djibouti President’s inauguration
By Fred Kagonye
- To celebrate BBI ruling portrays Ruto as insincere
- Rich wazungus who invested in love but are now penniless
- BBI ruling turns spotlight on Raila and his political future
By Oscar Obonyo
- Re-start inclusive conversation to save BBI, Mudavadi says
- Gaza tower housing AP, Al Jazeera collapses after missile strike