Politics at the centre of governors, assembly wars
Governors are facing an uphill task to win the support of MCAs to approve nominees to fill key positions in the county, the budget and laws.
By Standard Team | 22 hours ago
'MCAs send strong signal to BBI critics after unanimous approval'
Despite the mistrust, cynicism, brinkmanship and fear-mongering spread by BBI opponents, the assemblies still approved the bill
Mireri Junior | 1 month ago
MCAs challenge new law allowing voters to recall them for poor performance
The MCAs want orders stopping the implementation of Section 9 of the Act which has provisions for recalling incompetent and troublesome MCAs.
Paul Ogemba | 8 months ago
Where is my kidney?
- President and Raila ‘joined at the hip despite misgivings’
- JSC allows Mugenda to chair panel to pick next Chief Justice amid protests
- Kenyans give new-look Standard newspaper warm reception [Photos]
- Cost of living pushes Kenyans to shop in Uganda
- How KBC staffer’s killing occurred
By Brian Okoth