Burkina Faso 19-year-old striker Lassina Traore was the star of the show in the Dutch Eredivisie on Saturday, October 24 as Ajax thumped VVV-Venlo 13-0 away from home.
Erik ten Haag’s side have surely bounced back from the 1-0 defeat to Liverpool in the Champions League on Wednesday, October 21, with Jurgen Ekkelenkamp kicking off proceedings at the Covebo Stadion – De Koel after 13 minutes.
Traore scored a quick brace as Venlo struggled through the half, before Dusan Tadic made it 4-0 a minute to halftime.
Venlo’s evening got worse after Christian Kum was sent off in the 52nd minute for violent conduct, leaving Traore to complete his hatrick two minutes later.
- READ MORE
- Ajax beat Midtjylland 3-1 to stay second in Champions League group
- Ajax score early in away win over Midtjylland
- 11 Ajax players test positive for COVID-19 hours to Champions League clash
- Zapata double allows Atalanta to fight back and share points with Ajax
- Hakim Ziyech: I joined Chelsea to win trophies
- Low-risk contact sports get green light
Traore turned provider as Antony Santos got on the scoresheet, as Ekkelenkamp and Daley blind sealed the game by the hour mark.
Traore scored his fourth to make it 9-0 five minutes later, before Klaas Jan Huntellar scored a brace and Lisandro Martinez added another to make it 12-0 with 12 minutes remaining on the clock.
Traore, made headlines after scoring a fifth late in the agme, Zakaria Labyad the assist provider.
Ajax have now broken their league scoring record, eclispsing their 12-1 crushing of Vitesse in 1972.