Juventus were reportedly ready to offer Mason Greenwood a life-changing amount of money to leave Manchester United in 2019.
The youngster has burst onto the scene this season after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sold Romelu Lukaku and promoted him to the first-team set up.
Greenwood has netted 15 goals in all competitions, and is now an established member of Solskjaer's progressive United squad.
The 18-year-old put pen to paper on a four-year deal with Manchester United back in 2019, pledging his future to the Old Trafford club.
At the time he said: "Having grown up as a Manchester United fan, playing for the first team is a real dream come true.
- READ MORE
- When Manchester United versus Arsenal used to be for the trophies
- Man Utd forwards can be big threat this season, says Arteta
- Cristiano Ronaldo recovers from COVID-19
- Why Rashford honoured Lukaku with gesture in Utd's win over RB Leipzig
- Substitute Rashford nets rapid hat-trick as United demolish Leipzig
- Why many fans think Pogba does not deserve Man United starting XI
"I know that, when I play for this club, I represent the whole academy and I want to repay the faith that my coaches have shown in me with my performances on the pitch.
"I am learning all the time from the manager and his coaching staff and I know that this is the perfect club to help me reach my potential."
Greenwood seemed to be United's best-kept secret for everyone looking in.
But Juventus were apparently well aware of the forward's potential, and according to The Athletic, were considering signing him.
Speaking on the Talk of the Devils podcast, Andy Mitten claims the Italian giants were ready to offer Greenwood a life-changing amount of money.
But United were able to convince Greenwood that Old Trafford was the best place for him to develop, and they are now reaping the rewards.