Steven Gerrard has said yes to Rangers – and will take former Liverpool midfielder Gary McAllister with him.
Ibrox bosses have made it clear Gerrard is their No.1 choice and the man they believe can bring back the glory years.
The Kop legend is excited about the prospect of going head to head with Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers, his former Reds gaffer.
The former England midfielder has knocked back other approaches to move into management including the chance to boss MK Dons.
But he has been unable to resist the lure of Rangers and former Kop team-mate McAllister has agreed to join him in Glasgow.
- READ MORE
- Fernandes hits back at Klopp over penalty claims
- Solskjaer says Liverpool clash a reality check for Man Utd
- Jurgen Klopp laments Bruno Fernandes’ impact at Man Utd
- Beating Man United is enough: Klopp brushes aside impact on title race
- The tactical elements which could decide Liverpool vs Man United
- Man United and Liverpool's next 10 fixtures compared in Premier League title race
It means Gerrard will call time on his Liverpool coaching career at the club’s under-18s side.
But he goes with the blessing of Kop boss Jurgen Klopp who said: “If I was the owner of a club, I’d think about him. It's his decision and we support him.”