Togo goalkeeper Kossi Agassa will likely miss the last group game of the Africa Cup of Nations after his home was attacked by thugs, according to the Sun.
Togolese fans were furious with the goalkeeper after his lackluster performance in the 3-1 loss to Morocco.
Agassa's home in the capital Lomé is currently under police surveillance and the 38-year-old is expected to fly home to be with family.
Togo coach Claude LeRoy has given his permission to Agassi to leave the squad and miss the final Afcon match against DR Congo.
- READ MORE
- Ghost Mulee reveals how Kenya can still qualify for Africa Cup of Nations despite 2-1 defeat by Comoros
- Pharaohs take control of Harambee Stars’ group: Two teams qualify for AFCON 2021 finals in Cameroon
- Comoros 2-1 Kenya: Harambee Stars’ AFCON hopes up in smoke
- Harambee Stars path to Afcon is now more complicated after another draw at home
- Mane scores on Senegal return as tiny Comoros surprise again
- 10 man Comoros dents Stars AFCON 2021 hopes after 1-1 draw