Gor Mahia female fan's unsuccessful pitch invasion attempt leaves Kenyans in stitches [Photos]

Gor Mahia fans invade the pitch after chaos ensued outside the MISC Kasarani Stadium during their FKF Premier League clash against Vihiga Bullets on February 13, 2022 [Boniface Okendo, Standard]

The FKF Premier League clash between record Kenyan champions Gor Mahia and bottom-placed Vihiga Bullets yesterday at MISC Kasarani Stadium had to be called off.

This is after chaos erupted in the final stages of the first half as K’Ogalo were leading 1-0 courtesy of George "Blackberry' Odhiambo header.

Rowdy K’Ogalo fans began fighting with security stewards, forcing the centre referee to stop the game. Later, Vihiga Bullets declined to come back to the pitch for the second half citing security reasons.

Three people, including Gor Mahia Head of Security Lawrence Odhiambo, were rushed to hospital with head injuries.

Perhaps a light moment during the whole melee was a female Gor Mahia fan whose attempts at throwing a huge stone at some individual was thwarted dramatically.

The Gor Mahia fan running onto the pitch with a rock in her hand. [Boniface Okendo, Standard]

She is seen running onto the pitch while holding a huge rock in her right hand, before being rugby-tackled by a security officer. Here are some photos of the hilarious sequence:

A security guard grabs a Gor Mahia fan trying to invade the pitch.... [Boniface Okendo, Standard]

...and tries to bring her down.... [Boniface Okendo, Standard]

....  but she resists  [Boniface Okendo, Standard]

.... after which she's surrounded [Boniface Okendo, Standard]

Inconsolable, she is finally escorted out of the stadium.  [Boniface Okendo, Standard]

Where did it all start?

The trouble began when a fan was alleged to have jumped over the gates without paying the requisite Sh200 entry charge.

It is also alleged Odhiambo beat up the fan, inducing rage amongst other fans who joined the fracas. The melee spilt onto the pitch forcing Bullets players to retreat to their bus for refuge.

Despite efforts to resume the second half, Bullets declined, with head coach Abdalla Juma blaming Gor for insecurity.

“We had to protect our players. If Gor fans can fight amongst themselves, it shows even worse might happen to us,” said Juma after the match.

Police officers escorted Vihiga Bullets team out of the field to safety.

Fans took to social media to ridicule the scenario, most surprised how she managed to get on to the pitch with such a huge rock. Here are some reactions captured by Standard Sports:

By Charles Odero 2 hours ago
Ex-Manchester City striker Guidetti returns to Kenya to recreate childhood photo with teammates
EXPLAINER: What's post-World Cup future for Qatar's stadiums
I'll be watching the game from hospital: Image of Pele shines bright for Brazilian fans at World Cup
Brazil dominates South Korea 4-1 to advance to World Cup quarter-final against Croatia