Ambani inspire Wazito to first FKF Premier League win of 2022
Wazito interim head coach Fred Ambani on Sunday started his reign on a positive note after guiding the money bags to a 2-1 victory against fellow strugglers Nzoia Sugar in a Football Kenya Federation Premier League match staged at the Utalii Grounds.
Michael Owino and James Kinyanjui gave Wazito a 2-0 halftime lead before Hassan Beja scored Nzoia’s consolation goal late in the second half.
The win saw Wazito end their three match losing streak and move out of the relegation zone to 15th in the log with 12 points.
Nzoia on the other dropped to 16th with nine points after the defeat, the sugar men’s seventh of the 2021-2022 campaign.
- Muhoroni Youth upbeat ahead of Super League top of the table clash
- Kenya football woes continue as Talanta dish walkover to Homeboyz
- Kakamega Homeboyz pray for safe landing in league title race
- KCB rally to host Sharks as Gor Mahia, Tusker drop points
- Advantage Homeboyz face Sofapaka with FKF-PL title inches away
Wazito came into the clash on a torrid run of form after three straight defeats.
In their last match, they lost to bottom placed Vihiga Bullets who thumped them 4-2.
The heavy defeat led to the sacking of former Harambee Stars coach Francis Kimanzi who was shown the door with Ambani taking over on interim basis.
Kimanzi departed from the team alongside his assistants Jeff Odongo and John Kamau with goalkeeper coach Samuel Koko also shown the exit door at the club.