Record Kenyan champions Gor Mahia on Sunday bounced back to winning ways after narrowly edging out relegation threatened Mathare United 1-0 in a FKF Premier League match played at the Moi International Sports Centre, Kasarani.
Frank Odhiambo scored the all-important goal at the hour mark to give Gor maximum points.
Victory also saw K’Ogalo snap their four match winless run. Gor’s last victory came on December 9th last year where they defeated Vihiga Bullets 3-0.
Since then, they had lost twice (Homeboyz 2-1 and 2-0 City Stars) and drawn twice (Nzoia Sugar 1-1 and Bandari 0-0).
The win took Gor to fifth in the log with 22 points and with a game in hand.
- Gor Mahia issue apology to the government over Madaraka Cup payment row
- Why giants Gor Mahia and AFC Leopards have been left to lick their wounds
- Tusker in perfect control of FKF Premier League
- Gor Mahia beat AFC Leopards on penalties to lift Madaraka Cup
- Austin Odhiambo stars as Gor Mahia edge AFC Leopards to win Madaraka Day Cup
The Slum Boys on the other hand lost their 10th match of the campaign and remain second from the bottom on seven points.
Elsewhere, AFC Leopards were held to a 1-1 draw by Nzoia Sugar in the match staged at the newly refurbished Nyayo National Stadium.
Kevin Juma gave Nzoia an early seventh-minute lead before Eugene Mukangula restored parity for Ingwe who in the process registered their fifth draw of the season.
Leopards remained 14th with 14 points as Nzoia follow immediately behind them in 15th with nine points.