Neal Maupay got on the scoresheet as Brighton & Hove Albion snapped a nine-game run without a Premier League victory, with a 1-0 win over a lacklustre Leeds United on Saturday.
Maupay struck in the 17th minute, finishing off a flowing move started by Alexis Mac Allister, who burst into the United box after a quick exchange of passes with Leandro Trossard before squaring the ball for the Frenchman to tap home.
Patrick Bamford squandered a chance to equalise two minutes later when he scuffed his shot with the goal at his mercy after Raphinha's low cross.
Trossard nearly extended Brighton's lead in the 24th minute, but the Belgian cannoned his shot off the crossbar after charging virtually unchallenged into the Leeds box.
Leeds, who did not have a shot on target in the first half, improved after the interval but did not seriously trouble Brighton's five-man defence, with Bamford again coming closest to scoring when he headed Pablo Hernandez's cross wide.
- READ MORE
- Spurs boss Mourinho defends Kane against diving claims
- Gareth Bale scores winner as Tottenham go second with win over Brighton
- Leopards sharpen claws, ready to attack league title
- Revealed: Sir Alex Ferguson was arrested and jailed after a drunken fight during playing days
- Five possible replacements for Jurgen Klopp should Liverpool sack him
- Solskjaer hails Martial and Shaw after Man United derby win