Kenyan champions Gor Mahia have appointed Portuguese tactician Carlos Manuel Vaz Pinto as their new head coach on a two-year deal, the club announced on Sunday, January 10.
The development comes three months after Brazilian Roberto Oliveira parted ways with the club following his disqualification from handling the team in the continental competition.
Confirming the appointment via Twitter, the club said: “The new coach Carlos Manuel Vaz Pinto has penned a two-year deal."
— ??GOR MAHIA FC (@OfficialGMFC) January 10, 2021
The 46-year-old will today watch his new side play against Kariobangi Sharks from the stands at the MISC Kasarani.
His previous stints in Africa saw him managed clubs such as Recreativo do Libolo, Recreativo da Caala in Angola, St. Georges of Ethiopia and also Famalicão U23 of Portugal.
- READ MORE
- Late Napsa penalty knocks Gor Mahia out of Caf Confederation Cup
- Preview: AFC Leopards face a tricky trip to Mombasa as Ulinzi Stars welcome Sofapaka in Kericho
- To Gor coach Pinto, a walk into next round is possible
- I owe Gor Mahia debt of gratitude, says K’Ogalo great Owino
- Zambian league now second home to Kenyans
- Napsa Stars stun record Kenyan champions K'Ogalo