Wazito bounced back from the opening 2020/2021 FKF-Premier League season loss to Kariobangi Sharks to beat 10-man Vihiga United 3-1 at Utalii Grounds yesterday.
The moneybags suffered a 4-0 demolition at the hands of Sharks last Sunday but recovered swiftly to hand coach Francis Kimanzi his first win.
At Kasarani Stadium, Henry Onyango’s goal was the difference as KCB overcame Nairobi City Stars 1-0.
Back to Utalii, Sammy Sindani became the second Vihiga player to be red carded on their return to the FKF-Premier League after Henry Juma was sent off in the 1-0 season opener defeat to Kakamega Homeboyz.
New signing Boniface Omondi opened his Wazito goal account in the 13th minute when he headed home a rebound from Joe Waithira’s shot before Dennis Ng’ang’a doubled the lead with a perfectly curled free-kick after 14 minutes.
- READ MORE
- Olympics-bound Jepchirchir says she has come a long way
- Kabras Sugar make light work of Strathmore Leos
- KCB hand resilient Quins second loss
- Talanta up against Nairobi Stima as Kisumu Allstars welcome Mwatate United
- Ochieng sinks City Stars as AFC go second
- 48-year-old veteran athlete eyes long run in politics after 27 years in athletics
Whyvonne Isuza easily tapped home Kevin Kimani’s cross ten minutes into the second half.
Vihiga’s consolation goal came in the 63rd minute through Norman Werunga’s free kick.
Meanwhile, Tusker will be seeking to recover from the 2-1 defeat to AFC Leopards today when they welcome Bandari at Kasarani Stadium as high-flying Kariobangi Sharks battle with Nzoia Sugar in Bungoma.