AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic will be out of action for at least ten days after picking up a muscle injury in the 3-1 league win against Napoli at the weekend, the Serie A club said on Monday.
The 39-year-old scored twice before suffering the injury as the Serie A leaders recorded their first league win in Naples for more than 10 years.
A club spokesperson said it could take between two and three weeks for Ibrahimovic to recover.
The Swedish striker, who has scored 10 goals in six league games this season, will likely miss Europa League matches against French side and Group H leaders Lille and Scotland’s Celtic on Thursday and on Dec. 3, respectively.
Ibrahimovic could also miss the final group game against Sparta Prague. Milan are second in Group H with two wins out of three matches.
- READ MORE
- Ibrahimovic returns as AC Milan extend Serie A lead with Torino win
- AC Milan finally lose as Chiesa fires Juventus to thrilling win
- Mayoral double as Roma hot streak continues, Atalanta and Lazio win
- Milan rated Europe's most improved team despite Zlatan's absence
- Fallouts and functionality leave Gomez and Eriksen set for January moves
- Napoli coach Gattuso reveals struggles with eye disease
The Serie A leaders have 20 points after eight league games and face 15th-placed Fiorentina on Sunday.