The 2020 edition of the annual Koth Biro football tournament has been called off.
This is after last year's winners Kingston FC invaded the pitch to demand their prize money from the organizers.
Last year's team and individual prize money were not paid after the sponsor cancelled all their partnership engagements after a tax tussle with the government.
“The tournament has been suspended indefinitely after last year’s winners dubbed Kingston FC invaded the pitch to demand their prize money,” the management statement read in part.
“Koth Biro is a reputable tournament running for 46 years, we have had several sponsors and we have always honoured our promise to award the brave and brilliant teams who emerge victorious,’’ it further added.
- READ MORE
- Mozzart provides clean water for the people of Machakos County
- Madoya hoping for better showing at Kenya Open
- KTN News Sports anchor Wakhisi nominated for AIPS Sport Media Awards
- Rugby: Kabras Sugar eye perfect start to 2021 Kenya Cup season
- Wanyama sends emotional message to Thierry Henry after he stepped down as Montreal head coach
- UEFA to investigate after allegations of racist abuse towards Ibrahimovic
“Our promise to the public and all the players is we promise to honour our agreement with the winners of last edition.”