Portuguese forward Cristiano Ronaldo has tested positive for COVID-19, Portugal's Football Federation said in a statement on its website on Tuesday.
The 35-year-old Juventus striker will miss Wednesday's UEFA Nations League game against Sweden but is "well, has no symptoms and is in isolation", the federation said.
The federation added that the rest of the Portugal squad had undergone tests as a result of Ronaldo's positive, but that they had all tested negative and would be available for the Sweden match.
Five-times world player of the year Ronaldo appeared in his side's 0-0 draw away to France in the Nations League on Sunday and Wednesday's 0-0 draw in a friendly at home to Spain.
He will now be doubtful for Juve's Serie A trip to Crotone on Saturday and their Champions League group stage opening game away to Dynamo Kiev next Tuesday.
- READ MORE
- Benitez leaves Chinese side Dalian citing difficulties due to COVID-19
- FKF league: Vihiga upset champions Gor Mahia
- Champs GSU disarm rivals: Moim and Wisa looking forward to reunion with champions Kenya Prisons
- Otula retains Kenya Basketball Federation top seat
- Polo: Jadini leads Twiga to finals of Soldiers Salute tournament
- Athletics: Impressive Ferguson and Otieno dominate AK relays meeting
More to follow…