Angel Di Maria will fly to Paris this weekend to complete his exit from Manchester United.
Paris Saint Germain have agreed a five year contract - four years plus a further one year option - for the Argentinian midfielder.
United may have to take a financial hit on the £59.7m that they paid Real Madrid for Di Maria last summer.
But they have insisted that PSG's first approach of £29m will not be enough.
- READ MORE
- Palace's Van Aanholt racially abused on Instagram after Man United draw
- Koulibaly transfer fee reduced as Man United close on centre-back
- Former Man United and Liverpool star Phil Chisnall dies aged 78
- Man Utd's last 10 results compared to top-four rivals amid "sleepwalking" accusation
- Jesus hits double as rampant Man City go 15 points clear with Wolves win
- Man United's Cavani in line for return at Palace
PSG will match his £200,000-a-week wages and expect him to do a medical by next Monday and be unveiled next week.
Boss Laurent Blanc confirmed over the weekend that a deal for the Argentine was close.
"There is a good possibility [he could sign] but there is nothing official," he said.
"There is an anticipation he is going to come to the US but as to which jersey he is going to wear, we don't know yet.
"If he does make a change hopefully it will be for Paris Saint-Germain. Right now we have to wait because there are two big clubs out there in discussion."