DraftKings Inc said on Wednesday basketball legend Michael Jordan has joined the e-sports and gambling company's board as a special adviser.
Shares of the company jumped more than 13% to $41.86 (Sh4533) in premarket trading.
Jordan, who has also agreed to take an equity interest in DraftKings, will provide strategic and creative inputs on areas such as product development and marketing activities, the sports betting company said.
DraftKings was taken public earlier this year by an entity founded by Hollywood executives Jeff Sagansky and Harry Sloan in a deal that valued the company at $3.3 billion (Sh357 billion).
- READ MORE
- Obama congratulates LeBron James, applauds leadership 'on court and in public arena'
- Lakers return to glory, claim record-tying 17th NBA title
- LeBron James' former teammate Delonte now living on streets and asking for money
- NBA: China engagement is positive for United States
- Khris Middleton keeps Milwaukee Bucks alive, shoots down Miami Heat
- Why 1993 national basketball team stands out from the rest