CS Amina Mohamed assures sports federations on funds
Sports Cabinet Secretary Amina Mohamed has said they will soon engage federations and sports associations on matters of funding.
“Various sports organisations submitted their requests for financial support and calendar of forthcoming events by December 31, 2019.
The Ministry is reviewing and verifying the requests. The Ministry will be engaging the applicants to discuss the requests in due course,” Amina said.
She added: “In circumstances where there is an upcoming sports activity that requires funding before the final review is completed, sports organisations are advised to submit their requests to the Ministry 14 working days before the event, even if the request had been initially submitted.”
Amina who presided over the launch of ‘Torch of possibilities’ at a Nairobi hotel on Friday said the Government will build 19 sports academies to boost talents.
The initiative is sponsored by Absa Bank, Kenya and has top athletes as project role models.
- Many players cannot afford wage cutsFootball 2 days ago
- Neymar donates sh100m to fight coronavirusFootball 2 days ago
- ‘Do not take African people as human guinea pigs’- Didier Drogba decries ‘racist’ Coronavirus remarksSports 2 days ago
- Coronavirus-free Tajikistan turns to soccer as season kicks offFootball 2 days ago
- Ex-Man Utd striker Berbatov says Liverpool fully deserve titleFootball 2 days ago
- Coronavirus fight: Xavi donates Sh114 million to Barcelona hospitalFootball 1 day ago
- Premier League stars warned of Sh25 billion shortfall in virus wage cut rowPremier League 1 day ago