NSL: Bidco, Stima win in chase for KPL promotion
Bidco United and Nairobi Stima registered massive wins in the National Super League (NSL) as the chase for automatic Kenya Premier League (KPL) promotion spots continues.
Bidco defeated Modern Coast Rangers 1-0 at Serani Sports Ground to consolidate their second spot with 51 points, four behind leaders Nairobi City Stars, who have a game in hand.
Speaking to Standard Sports, Bidco head coach Anthony Akhulia said he is pleased with the performances of his team and they remain focused on sealing an automatic qualification spot to the KPL.
“The team has been performing well since the beginning of the year. We are only four points behind City Stars and if we continue playing the way we have been, I believe we can even top the league,” he said.
Patrick Mugedi bagged a hat-trick as Stima thrashed former KPL side Mount Kenya United 7-2 to remain third in the log with 45 points, six behind Bidco but have the opportunity to close the gap to three points with a game in hand.
Kibera Black Stars defeated Shabana 3-2 to move further from the relegation zone with the victory taking them up to 15th in the standings with 21 points, same as FC Talanta, who lost 3-1 to Kenya Police.
Former KPL side Vihiga United failed to beat bottom placed St Joseph Youth after drawing 1-1.
- Du Plessis yearns for Kenya Cup sweetness with Kabras SugarRugby 2 days ago
- Economic crisis from coronavirus begins to bite in European footballFootball 2 days ago
- Football federation offers clubs loans to pay billsFootball 2 days ago
- Federer donates Sh100 million to vulnerable Swiss in coronavirus crisisTennis 2 days ago
- Everton's Keane says players can be ready in a fortnightPremier League 2 days ago
- Anthony Joshua responds to coronavirus fears after Prince Charles diagnosisBoxing 2 days ago
- World champion Joshua in self-isolation after meeting Prince CharlesBoxing 2 days ago