Former FIFA secretary general and Bein sports chairman indicted in Switzerland
Former FIFA general secretary Jerome Valcke and the chairman of the BeIN media group Nasser Al-Khelaifi have been charged in connection with the award of media rights to various World Cup and Confederations Cup tournaments, the Swiss Attorney-General's office (OAG) said Thursday.
Valcke was charged with accepting bribes, several counts of aggravated criminal mismanagement and falsification of documents, the OAG said in a statement.
Al-Khelaifi and a third person, an unnamed businessman, were charged with inciting Valcke to commit aggravated criminal mismanagement.
More to follow...
- Kenyan athletes react after cancellation of Tokyo OlympicsAthletics 2 days ago
- Du Plessis yearns for Kenya Cup sweetness with Kabras SugarRugby 2 days ago
- Economic crisis from coronavirus begins to bite in European footballFootball 2 days ago
- Football federation offers clubs loans to pay billsFootball 2 days ago
- Federer donates Sh100 million to vulnerable Swiss in coronavirus crisisTennis 2 days ago
- Everton's Keane says players can be ready in a fortnightPremier League 2 days ago
- Anthony Joshua responds to coronavirus fears after Prince Charles diagnosisBoxing 2 days ago