Nakuru County games switched to next month
Nakuru County secondary schools Term One games, which were to be held this weekend at Moi High School, Kabarak, will now be held on March 4-7, at the same venue.
The games’ county Secretary-General Duncan Macharia said 11 sub-counties had confirmed participation.
So far, only nine sub-counties, save for Nakuru Town East and Njoro, have completed their zonal championships.
The others are; Nakuru Town West, Naivasha, Subukia, Nakuru North, Naivasha, Molo, Kuresoi North, Kuresoi South, and Rongai.
“Once the two sub-counties that have not completed their games are through with their championships, we’ll now focus on the county games. They asked for more time to complete their games, so we decided to push them to March,” he said. Macharia said Kabarak High School successfully bid to host the games.
Teams will compete in ballgames, athletics, rugby sevens, and 15s.
The nine sub-counties had already submitted names of their representatives in all the disciplines.
“Teams should strictly adhere to rules so as to enable us to select formidable representatives to the regional championships later next month,” Macharia added.
The draws of the championships will be held next week.
- Du Plessis yearns for Kenya Cup sweetness with Kabras SugarRugby 2 days ago
- Economic crisis from coronavirus begins to bite in European footballFootball 2 days ago
- Football federation offers clubs loans to pay billsFootball 2 days ago
- Federer donates Sh100 million to vulnerable Swiss in coronavirus crisisTennis 2 days ago
- Everton's Keane says players can be ready in a fortnightPremier League 2 days ago
- Anthony Joshua responds to coronavirus fears after Prince Charles diagnosisBoxing 2 days ago
- World champion Joshua in self-isolation after meeting Prince CharlesBoxing 2 days ago