Kenya’s Starlets land Turkey invite
Harambee Starlets head coach David Ouma has named a 25-member provisional squad for the upcoming Turkish Women Cup invitational tournament slated for March 2-11.
Starlets are expected to use the tournament that will involve hosts Turkey, Hungary, Venezuela, Hong Kong, Romania, Uzbekistan, Northern Ireland, Turkmenistan, and Chile to prepare for the 2020 Africa Women Cup of Nations Qualifiers set for April and June.
Ouma has retained the majority of the players who featured for the triumphant Starlets at last year’s Cecafa Championship in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
They include Spanish bound midfielder Cynthia Shilwatso, captain Dorcas Shikobe and Mwanalima Adam, who is set to travel to Sweden for trials at Club Djurgardens IF.
“I am happy that the Starlets have been recognized and invited to this international tournament. It will be a good avenue to gauge our players ahead of the upcoming qualifiers,” said Ouma.
Falling Water’s player Jane Njeri has earned her maiden national team call up alongside Mombasa Olympics Elizabeth Katungwa, while Thika Queens’ Rachael Muema has made a return to the team.
The team which is expected to depart for Turkey on March 2, reports to residential camp at Kasarani Stadium on Sunday.
- Cherop suffers double blow due to effects of coronavirusAthletics 2 days ago
- CAA postpones Africa cross country meet Athletics 2 days ago
- Martin Keino: The man who paced others to seven world recordsAthletics 2 days ago
- Lewa race cancelled as the world grapples with virusAthletics 2 days ago
- Barcelona to slash salaries as Coronavirus continues to biteFootball 2 days ago
- More layoffs for Australian sport amid coronavirus shutdownFootball 2 days ago
- First Japan players test positive for coronavirusFootball 2 days ago