Kakamega Homeboys coach wins January coach of the month
Kakamega Homeboys head coach Nicholas Muyoti has won the Fidelity Insurance Coach of the Month Award for January.
Muyoti saw off stiff competition by beating his closest rival, Gor Mahia tactician Steven Polack to the gong.
The former AFC Leopards midfielder merited the award after leading his side to collect maximum 12 points in their four matches, scoring nine goals.
A winning streak saw the Kakamega-based side go top of the table temporarily before they were displaced by perennial champions Gor Mahia.
The former skipper to Singaporean side Sporting Afrique walks away with Sh75,000 and a personalised award, and he is still hopeful his side can clinch the Kenya Premier league title.
"My appreciation goes to the players, management and sponsors for working tirelessly and ensuring that we win our games. We are prepared to go all the way and win this league even though our motto remains taking one game at a time," said Muyoti.
Last year Western Stima coach Salim Babu won the December coach of the month award after leading his team to three wins and a draw that month.
Kakamega Homeboys now sit third in the log tied on points with Tusker FC at 41, two points behind league leaders Gor Mahia.
- Three scenarios for a potential return of the Premier LeaguePremier League 2 days ago
- UEFA to meet to debate options for ravaged football fixture calendarFootball 2 days ago
- Ajax cancel contract of player stricken after heart attackFootball 2 days ago
- Fiorentina, Torino presidents believe Serie A season unlikely to finishFootball 2 days ago
- Review of the new betting website in Kenya - BetwinnerSports 2 days ago
- President of Belarus rejects coronavirus risks, suggests vodkaFootball 2 days ago
- Athletics: Adak boss asks runners to adhere to anti-doping regulationsAthletics 2 days ago