Harambee Starlet’s goal machine Esse Akida joins Turkish side Besiktas
Turkish giants Besiktas on Monday completed the signing of Harambee Starlets forward Esse Akida from Israeli top-flight Ramat Hasharon.
The 27-year-old goal machine, who penned a two-year deal with the club, now joins a number of Harambee Starlets players who have secured transfer moves European clubs.
Harambee Starlets duo Ruth Ingotsi and Annette Kundu recently signed a three-year deal with Cyprus outfit Lakatamia FC with their compatriot Vivian Corazon joining Portuguese side Atletico Quriense.
"Our Women's Football Team added the Kenyan midfielder Esse Mbeyu Akida to their roster. We welcome Akida to the Besiktas Family, we wish you success" a statement from the club read.
Following the move, Akida took to social media to thank her former club Ramat Hasharon of Israel for the support they gave her since she moved to Israel in 2018.
“Glad to officially announce that I have joined the Besiktas family. Big club with big ambitions. I want to thank my family at Ramat Hasharon for the opportunity they gave me in what was my first professional stint and wish them the best in the new season. Special thanks to the teams that has helped me through my journey and the fans for the unwavering support. Can’t wait to get started #BJK” she wrote.
Besiktas are currently second with 36 points with ALG Spor at the top of the table with 37 points.
- Du Plessis yearns for Kenya Cup sweetness with Kabras SugarRugby 2 days ago
- Economic crisis from coronavirus begins to bite in European footballFootball 2 days ago
- Football federation offers clubs loans to pay billsFootball 2 days ago
- Federer donates Sh100 million to vulnerable Swiss in coronavirus crisisTennis 2 days ago
- Everton's Keane says players can be ready in a fortnightPremier League 2 days ago
- Anthony Joshua responds to coronavirus fears after Prince Charles diagnosisBoxing 2 days ago
- World champion Joshua in self-isolation after meeting Prince CharlesBoxing 2 days ago