Sheffield Wed 0-3 Reading: Kenyan international Timbe shines in ‘Royals’ debut
Harambee Stars international Ayub Masika Timbe made his debut for Reading Football Club on Saturday as the Royals played Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough.
The 27-year-old, who came on in the 84th minute to replace Ovie Ejaria mostly played it safe as he enjoyed being part of his team’s victory – a 3-0 win courtesy of strikes from Yakou Meite, George Puscas and Sam Baldock.
Reading took charge of the match from the 20th minute after Meite opened proceedings followed by a Puscas strike late in the second half.
Baldock made it 3-0 from the penalty spot in additional time to ensure The Royals claimed 15th spot on the Championship table after matchday 33.
Timbe’s only highlight of the match was a sprint past Sheffield Wednesday’s Jacob Murphy, which almost resulted into a chance after a decent cross which was cleared away for a corner.
Timbe signed a six-month loan deal from Beijing Renhe in the January transfer window.
Most Kenyan fans will be eager to see what qualities Timbe can add to Reading, having scored 17 goals in 49 appearances for Beijing Renhe.
- Kenyan athletes react after cancellation of Tokyo OlympicsAthletics 2 days ago
- Du Plessis yearns for Kenya Cup sweetness with Kabras SugarRugby 2 days ago
- Economic crisis from coronavirus begins to bite in European footballFootball 2 days ago
- Football federation offers clubs loans to pay billsFootball 2 days ago
- Federer donates Sh100 million to vulnerable Swiss in coronavirus crisisTennis 2 days ago
- Everton's Keane says players can be ready in a fortnightPremier League 2 days ago
- Anthony Joshua responds to coronavirus fears after Prince Charles diagnosisBoxing 2 days ago