Why Paul Pogba could make Manchester United return ahead of crunch showdown
Paul Pogba could be in line to return from injury in time for Manchester United's derby match against Manchester City on March 8.
The 26-year-old has made just seven Premier League appearances all season after suffering numerous ankle issues, and he has not started a game since the 1-1 draw with Arsenal in September.
Pogba has most recently been recovering from his injury in Dubai, but according to the Daily Mail he is expected to rejoin full training with the first-team squad within a fortnight, and there remains every possibility he could return to action ahead of the game against City.
The French international is said to be desperate to play a part in helping his side in the run-in to the end of the season, and he may also have one eye on the summer as he bids to prove to France manager Didier Deschamps that he is fit enough to play a key part for his side in the European Championships.
Pogba's future at United has been the source of constant speculation, and he has been linked with a move away ever since last summer when he said he could be interested in a "new challenge."
Despite the question-marks over his commitment to United, Pogba's return would be a huge boost, and fans would no doubt be excited to see a potential partnership between him and new signing Bruno Fernandes in central midfield.
- Many players cannot afford wage cutsFootball 2 days ago
- Neymar donates sh100m to fight coronavirusFootball 2 days ago
- ‘Do not take African people as human guinea pigs’- Didier Drogba decries ‘racist’ Coronavirus remarksSports 2 days ago
- Coronavirus-free Tajikistan turns to soccer as season kicks offFootball 2 days ago
- Ex-Man Utd striker Berbatov says Liverpool fully deserve titleFootball 2 days ago
- Coronavirus fight: Xavi donates Sh114 million to Barcelona hospitalFootball 1 day ago
- Premier League stars warned of Sh25 billion shortfall in virus wage cut rowPremier League 1 day ago