Students sponsored by Wanyama show up at their respective schools
Harambee Stars Captain Victor Wanyama has confirmed the six students he sponsored under his foundation have shown up at their respective secondary schools.
The Victor Wanyama Foundation, whose main aim is to cater for bright, but needy students from poor backgrounds in secondary schools and colleges, first made the announcement on December 7, 2019, confirming the six students were selected on ‘merit and need’.
After careful vetting of 48 applicants, Sammy Oriko, Landgreen Makhoha, Eva Moraa, Zawadi Tamara, Esther Achieng and Trizah Shem were selected and awarded secondary school scholarships by the Foundation.
While congratulating the students, Wanyama urged them to seize the opportunity and pursue their dreams.
“We congratulate the beneficiaries of the Victor Wanyama Foundation Scholarship Programme. These are the first six Students we have sponsored. We wish them success as they pursue their dreams. You are our Ambassadors. God bless you,” he wrote on his Facebook.
The Foundation will cover tuition, boarding fees and other related expenses for the four-year period.
Additionally, Wanyama had also confirmed that plans are underway to build an ultra-modern sports complex in the country.
The Victor Wanyama Foundation plans to construct an ultra-modern sports complex for both indoor and outdoor sporting arenas.
The academy will be situated on a 20-acre piece of land with a state-of-the-art academy that will revolutionise sports, training, and education in the country while at the same time providing key sporting infrastructure.
- It’s try time as star Ouma recalled ahead of USA legRugby 2 days ago
- FIA says Safari Rally will add adventure to World ChampionshipSports 2 days ago
- Ajowi among six Kenyan boxers given first round byesBoxing 2 days ago
- Tuwei and Kszczot set to clash in Madrid tonightAthletics 2 days ago
- KPL not sure of prize money for the on-going seasonFootball 2 days ago
- Why it is important for players to follow rules and respect othersGolf 2 days ago
- Eriksen scores first Inter goal, Ajax lose, United heldFootball 2 days ago